When applying for a DBS, you need to show 3 forms of identification. This is a list of the acceptable forms of ID. At least one of the three must be from Group 1 :
- Current valid passport
- Biometric Residence Permit (UK)
- Current photo driving licence (UK, Isle of Man/Channel Islands), full or provisional (only valid if presented with the associated counterpart licence; except Jersey)
- Birth Certificate (UK and Channel Islands), issued within 42 days after the time of birth
- Adoption certificate (UK and Channel Islands)
- Full or short form acceptable including those issued by UK authorities overseas, such as embassies, high commissions and HM forces (photocopies are not acceptable).
- Current non-UK photo driving licence (valid for up to 12 months from the date the applicant entered the UK)
- Marriage/Civil Partnership certificate (UK and Channel Islands)
- HM Forces ID card (UK)
- Fire arms licence (UK and Channel Islands).
- Immigration document, visa or work permit.
- Mortgage statement (UK or EEA), issued within the past 12 months
- Bank/building society statement (UK or EEA), issued within the past three months
- Bank/building society account opening confirmation letter (UK)
- Credit card statement (UK or EEA), issued within the past three months
- Financial statement – e.g. pension, endowment, ISA (UK) – issued within the past 12 months
- P45/60 statement (UK & Channel Islands), issued within the past 12 months
- Council Tax statement (UK & Channel Islands), issued within the past 12 months
- Work permit/Visa (UK – UK Residence Permit), valid up to expiry date
- Letter of sponsorship from future employment provider (Non UK-EEA only – valid only for applicants residing outside of the UK at time of application)
- Utility bill (UK), but not mobile telephone, within the past three months
- Benefit statement e.g. Child Allowance, pension, within the past three month